NS GP40-2 3046

Monday, April 20, 2009

Clevelandtrains.com

This past Friday, I was able to purchase the www.Clevelandtrains.com domain name. When I started my website at Trainweb.org, I had no need for my own domain name. A few years later, my photo collection started to out grow my space limits on Trainweb. With some suprus server equipment laying around my office, I decided to give web hosting a shot. When I had my own webserver configured and ready for use, some company had purchased the .com of Clevelandtrains and wanted $1,000 to purchase it. This is how I ended up with the .net domain name for $6.99 a year. The company holding onto the .com domain decided to give it up. I was only able to find this out by going to some webhosting companies to see what kind of rate they are charging these days for services. Something told me to check on the .com name. I'm so glad that I did follow that voice. Both sites are pointed at the same server, same files and will be for some time to come.

No comments: