NS GP40-2 3046

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Last Eastbound Pennsylvanian in Cleveland (maybe)

Amtrak's Pennsylvanian, train # 44.  February 2003

This is what I get for not taking notes when out.  This is either the last or second to last eastbound for Amtrak's Pennsylvanian, train # 44 in February 2003.  When I lived in the dorm at Cleveland State, I used to drive down to station and watch the westbound Pennsylvanian arrive, hoping that the second unit would be a beloved F40.  Things started to heat up when news broke about Skyline Connection.  If my memory serves me right, Norfolk Southern and Amtrak could not agree on a time slot that would allow this trains 45&46 to arrive in Cleveland and a few other cities during the day light.  I even remember student engineers on the Pennsylvanian getting their hours in for the Skyline.

No comments: