NS GP40-2 3046

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Waiting for Uncle Pete....

The waiting game. The game we all hate to play. We want to know right now, right this moment. Please tell me. I would like to know.

About a month or a month and a half ago, I applied for a position at UP. They are hiring for managers. I am still not sure what I was thinking, but I think a change would be good. Currently I am in a position at work where layoffs are about to take place. I don’t think that I will be a victim this first round, but if the axe drops again I will be history. That is a chance I wish not to take. So I decided to get my dream rolling. Walking away from my current job to one at UP might not be so much better.

UP vs. my current job

UP is a mess right now. My current job is a ship wreck. UP is spending money. My job has no money to spend. UP is hiring. My job is firing. UP buys new equipment. We just keep old crap running. UP pays well. My job barely pays.

So there. That is why I wish to work for UP. Hell, anyone for this case.

NateF40Amtrak

No comments: