NS GP40-2 3046

Friday, October 28, 2005

Well, if you are wondering why Clevelandtrains.net is running alittle slower, it is due to a server upgrade. I am currently upgrading the webserver from to Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 server. My server that is being rebuilt is a Compaq Dl360 G2 running dual P3 1400 chips with 1284 of ram with Windows 2k3 server. I had to transfer files over to a HP DC7100 workstation runing a P4 3.0 hyper threading with 512 of ram server. This temp server is not all that great of a performer. I think it is due to everything being on a single hard drive. It is a newer SATA drive, 40 gigs.

So hopefully, I will have the whole site back over at on my true server Monday or Tuesday. Once the site is back there, the performace should improve greatly. If you are thinking about making a workstation a heavy duty server, forgetaboutit.

I am thinking about adding some features to the site. More to come on that soon.

NateF40Amtrak

No comments: